Any business looking to get a website or E-commerce store online has one overlooked but extremely important decision to make: what type of web hosting to get. There are countless options, from the dime-a-dozen variety of shared hosting services to the extreme of running your own dedicated server yourself and all the hard work, wasted time and additional headaches that entails.
One other option apart from those two is managed hosting. In this article, we’ll explain why managed WordPress hosting is such a tantalizing prospect and how your business can benefit from it.
What is managed hosting?
Managed hosting is a service where you rent server space (hosting) from a web host who also handles all your server-related situations. This means that setup, maintenance and fixes are done entirely on your behalf without you having to worry about any of it.
Basically, managed hosting is like having a virtual butler for the server your website lives on. Think of it this way: it means having your very own Alfred dealing with the day-to-day of running your digital manor so that your website can be free to be Batman. 🦇
What is the difference between shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS and managed hosting?
Shared hosting is typically the cheapest web hosting option and means that your website will share a server with a number of other sites, sometimes in the dozens. It also means resources are shared between websites, so if one of the sites uses up too much resources—or, worse, sends e-mail spam or gets hacked—, every other site in the same server suffers as a result. Compared with managed hosting, you don’t need to do much server configuration either, but that’s because it’s all locked away from you and you get the most basic of options in an unoptimized server. It’s the worst.
(Going back to the superhero analogy, if managed hosting is being Batman, shared hosting is a bit like being Spider-Man, strapped for rent and living in a dingy apartment.)
Dedicated hosting means that you rent out a single server all of your own, allocating all its resources to your website. It’s also usually the most expensive option, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best; sure, you have a server all your own, but you’re also left to your own devices—you’ll get no help with managing your server and need to do all the heavy lifting yourself, including making sure everything is secure, up-to-date and backed up. (It’s like being Iron Man: sure it’s cool, but you have to build all your gadgets yourself!)
A virtual private server, typically referred to as VPS, is a middle ground of sorts between shared and dedicated hosting. Technically it’s still a shared server, but portions of said server are virtualized so that each acts like a virtual independent server. It’s all the good stuff of a dedicated server without the cost, which is fairly appealing for web developers and geekier people wanting to mess with web servers, but, again, you are on your own and have to take care of your own server yourself, which won’t sound nearly as appealing when you’re knee-deep in command-line interfaces and everything breaks for no discernible reason. (Sorry, we don’t really have a superhero analogy for this one!)
Why you should choose managed WordPress hosting
Choosing what type of web hosting to get isn’t easy… at first, until you find out what managed hosting is. Let us tell you why it’s the absolute best choice for a WordPress website:
- Astounding support: have any trouble with your WordPress website? Not to worry, the very best managed WordPress hosting solutions (see below) can give you 24/7 support for whenever there is an issue. You’re never alone when you need help;
- Performance: it’s one thing to try and DIY your web server (or, worse, be left to the whims of shared hosting), it’s another to let the pros handle it. Managed hosting dedicated to WordPress means that you get top-of-the-line servers optimized for high performance;
- Best-in-class features: you don’t just get support and performance, you get a whole slew of features with managed hosting. Neoxea, for instance, gives you a free SSL certificate, search engine optimized hosting, a caching plugin, free automatic daily backups, a content delivery network and a LiteSpeed Web Server to make sure your site runs flawlessly;
- Security: managed hosting adds extra security features that other options do not include out of the box, like Web Application firewalls, isolated accounts, hardened PHP, DDoS protection and, most importantly, 24/7 monitoring to ensure everything is secure and running at all times;
- Peace of mind: you don’t have to worry if your website is down, if it might get hacked, if you did everything right or if it can handle an uptick in customers. With managed hosting, everything is done for you so that you can relax and focus on what actually matters for your business.
A managed WordPress hosting option you can trust
There aren’t all that many managed hosting services, let alone WordPress-specific ones, because, let’s face it, it’s a tough gig. That’s why Neoxea stands out for its world-class service and excellent client recognition. Neoxea has all the features you need for managed hosting, from the ever-important 24/7 support to web servers built for speed and security, but at a price that makes most of its competitors weep—because, first and foremost, we care about doing the best for our customers. Check what Neoxea’s managed WordPress hosting has to offer and find the right plan for your project.